The Hands-on Relay School in Pullman, WA is probably the best environment for relay training there is. I highly recommend that everyone attend. Sign up as soon as you can because they sell out quickly.
Here’s a description of the school from their website:
3rd Annual Hands-On Relay School
March 14-18, 2016
Washington State University
The Hands-On Relay School is a professional development short course to train protective relay technicians, eletrical/power plant technicians, engineers and protective relay test specialists.
Students are enrolled in one of seven tracks for the duration of the school:
- Automated Relay Testing
Students participating in these tracks will:
- Become familiar with manual or automated test methods for a variety of protective relays and test equipment.
- Gain valuable knowledge relating to relay applications and operating characteristics.
- Exchange ideas and resolve problems in an open forum.
- Learn preventative and corrective maintenance methods.
Application Process and Fees
- School fee of $650 includes the electronic copies of lecture notes, Sunday night reception, Tuesday night Vendor Showcase, one Wednesday night banquet meal, break refreshments, and parking fees.
- Priority is given to utilities providing lab facilitators, lecturers, steering committee support, and Western Energy Institute member utilities, if the application is received by January 25, 2016.
- Remaining slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applicants select which track they wish to attend in order of preference. Every effort will be made to place students into their preferred track, but track placement is by availability and subject to the priorities as described above. Many tracks will fill up and students may not be able to get their preferred track. If we are unable to place you in a track you have selected, or in an acceptable substitute track, your full application fee will be refunded.
- Students will be notified in writing no later than February 10th as to their acceptance into the school and track placement. You are not accepted to attend unless you receive the confirmation of acceptance from WSU.
Questions? Call 800-942-4978 or 509- 335-3530, or e-mail us at [email protected]. Visit our website at http://conferences.wsu.edu