We need your help with our next online seminar about overcurrent relay testing.
What would you like to see in an online seminar about overcurrent relays? Our current rough outline includes:
- Why Do We Use Overcurrent Protection?
- Introduction to Fault Studies
- Calculating Maximum Current With an Infinite Buss
- Introduction to Coordination Studies
- Calculating Expected Time Delays from Coordination Studies
- Converting Current Across Voltages
- Understanding Fault Types
- The individual elements will be loosely based on the following chapters from The Relay Testing Handbook: Principles and Practice:
- Chapter 9: Instantaneous Overcurrent (50) Element Testing
- Chapter 10: Time Overcurrent (51) Element Testing
- Chapter 11: Directional Overcurrent (67) Element Testing
- Each element will include the following relays and test-sets:
- GE-UR F30
- What other relays would you like to see?
- Manta MTS-5100
- Omicron Test Universe
- Then we’re thinking about adding Breaker Fail Protection (50BF)
Let us know what you’d like to see in the comments below!
We want to make this as realistic and universal as possible, so we’re looking for overcurrent coordination study examples across three voltages. If you have a coordination study/arc flash study you can share, drop us a line at [email protected]. We’ll give you credit, a free subscription to the seminar when it becomes available, and make sure everything in the study is anonymous.
We could also use some real short circuit utility contributions for the seminars. Feel free to send us your systems fault capacity with the any of the following parameters and you might see them in the seminar:
- kVA, MVA, or Amps with:
- positive X/R ratio, and
- negative X/R ratio, and
- zero X/R ratio
- kVA, MVA, or Amps with:
- 3P X/R ratio, and
- PP X/R ratio, and
- PN X/R ratio
- Per Unit with:
- Utility Base kVA
- R+, and
- R-, and
- R 0, and
- X+, and
- X-, and
- X 0, and
Please help us make the best online training course possible with your comments and submissions!
i am waiting for your latest test schedules
i am waiting for your latest training schedules
Which kind of training schedule are you looking for?
Application of overload relays such as SEL-351-6 and CO relays in differential schemes
What other relays would you like to see?
PCS 9611 (Feeder Management Relay) from NR Electric Co., Ltd
(Broken Link Removed by editor)
Also, how to chose TMS for Expected Time Delays from Coordination Studies
Thanks. We’ll put that relay on the list and see if we can get one in the studio.
1. Is it possible to include in your seminar the real case of testing protection relays in different sectors of the electrical industry. E.g. a large commercial or institution building like a hospital, starting at the HV/MV intake substation to the transformer to the low voltage main distribution panel board to the utilization/equipment panel board.
2. I have searched and searched for a long time but I have not found any writing regarding the coordination study of ground fault protection of an electrical plant. I hope your seminar can include this aspect.
Thanks. That is in our plan.
How about including a sample test plan using the over current module
There will definitely be a lot of overcurrent module testing.
I would appreciate if you could include SEPAM (from Schneider Electric).
We’ll look into it.
can i join this seminar ? if i can then what’s the procedure ?
Thanks for the comment.
Unfortunately, we had to change gears and are working on the next book on Generator Relay Testing, which should be out in March 2019.
Then we’ll start working on online seminars. The overcurrent one will probably be released in June 2019.
Sorry I couldn’t give better news,